The Chamber has several active associations and committees to that serve to grow and support local talent, develop synergy between Laughlin AFB and the city, bring business to Del Rio, and promote prosperity.
About the Military Affairs Association
The purpose of the non-profit Military Affairs Association (MAA) is to promote goodwill between Laughlin AFB and the community, assist in the integration of military personnel to Del Rio, coordinate efforts to strengthen current missions/assist in possible new missions, and implement measures to be taken to ensure Laughlin and Del Rio's future relationship.
The association has several major goals:
- Be classified as the best in AETC Base-Community Relations.
- Maintain a task force that ensures the future of Laughlin AFB and Del Rio.
- Coordinate military, city, county, and school efforts.
- Provide necessary sponsorship for VIP military when in Del Rio.
- Recognize outstanding military and civilian accomplishments.
- Provide Class Sponsors for each new pilot training class.
- Welcome all permanent party transfers to Laughlin and offer assistance where needed.
- Recruit necessary members and financial support to accomplish our combined goals.
Military Affairs Membership
The MAA is made up of Chamber members, but is operated under a separate corporate and dues structure. Membership costs an additional $125 per year, plus optional contributions. “Laughlin Strong” funds (suggested contribution of $100/year) enhance continuous efforts to work with LAFB on improving immediate and future facilities and supporting efforts to fight base realignment along with the closure commission (BRAC). The “Grow Your Own” project (suggested contribution of $100/year) is dedicated to helping educate, train, and prepare students for immediate job placement at LAFB through programs at Del Rio High and the Junior College.